Our Little Corner of the Upstate

The musings of a family of happy transplants to the Upstate of South Carolina.

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Importance of Painted Toenails

I'm back from my little weekend getaway! Sunday morning, Greg and the boys met me at the Hyatt for breakfast. We all went to church, and then headed home. It was a nice weekend, but it was also nice to get back to my boys. I missed them!

I had a mental list of things I wanted to get done over the weekend, but didn't come close to getting thru it. I suppose I figured I could catch up with everything I usually don't have time for during the week. Finishing my book for Book Club (I only got a couple chapters read!)... writing to our sponsored child in Indonesia... sending a postcard to my first grade teacher... painting my toenails... getting a seated massage... responding to all those emails sitting in my inbox that I haven't gotten to...

I think I would need a whole week away to really get caught up on everything! But realistically, I just need to prioritize what is important and what is not. And frankly it is much more important on a daily basis to have a house full of happy boys than to have painted toenails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home