Michael's First Day of Preschool!
Today Michael entered the big-boy world of preschool! He is attending 2 mornings a week in a PK3 classroom. Of course he won't be 3 for a few more days, but he made the cut-off!

We all went to drop him off in his classroom for the first day. This is a picture of him when we got to the school. (Go to our website for more pictures.) When we got to his classroom, he dropped his backpack on to the floor and was ready to play. Back up! First you have to hang up your backpack! So with some help from Mrs. Lusk, Michael found his cubby and his hook.
Then he was off to play. We probably could have walked out of the room and he wouldn't have even noticed. But we at least leaned over and said, "Bye bye Michael! Have fun!"
And that was it! No hesitations, no tears (on anyone's part!), and no problems at all!
Matthew and I picked him up afterwards and went to Chick-Fil-A for a celebratory lunch. It turns out some members of the Greenville Drive baseball team and the mascot, Reedy-Rip-It, were there! That certainly added to the celebration.
Michael brought home his first school art project. A very cute penant that he decorated with stickers. He looked so proud carrying it out to the car. Or was it that his mommy was so proud of him?
A month ago, we weren't sure if Michael would be able to start preschool. He had no interest in potty-training. But one day we just said, "No more diapers", and he hasn't worn them since. After 3 days, he was trained. After one week, he never had another accident. Even during naps. Even during long roadtrips.
I can begin to express how proud I am of my big boy today! But then again, my boys make me proud every day. I am a very lucky mommy!

We all went to drop him off in his classroom for the first day. This is a picture of him when we got to the school. (Go to our website for more pictures.) When we got to his classroom, he dropped his backpack on to the floor and was ready to play. Back up! First you have to hang up your backpack! So with some help from Mrs. Lusk, Michael found his cubby and his hook.
Then he was off to play. We probably could have walked out of the room and he wouldn't have even noticed. But we at least leaned over and said, "Bye bye Michael! Have fun!"
And that was it! No hesitations, no tears (on anyone's part!), and no problems at all!
Matthew and I picked him up afterwards and went to Chick-Fil-A for a celebratory lunch. It turns out some members of the Greenville Drive baseball team and the mascot, Reedy-Rip-It, were there! That certainly added to the celebration.
Michael brought home his first school art project. A very cute penant that he decorated with stickers. He looked so proud carrying it out to the car. Or was it that his mommy was so proud of him?
A month ago, we weren't sure if Michael would be able to start preschool. He had no interest in potty-training. But one day we just said, "No more diapers", and he hasn't worn them since. After 3 days, he was trained. After one week, he never had another accident. Even during naps. Even during long roadtrips.
I can begin to express how proud I am of my big boy today! But then again, my boys make me proud every day. I am a very lucky mommy!


1 Comments:
I'm so happy for you! No crying! What a blessing!!!! Such cute boys you have too! Save the best of the artwork -- you will treasure it later!
I have some of my kid's artwork hanging in my dining room. It was cool to have them both have the same art teacher last year -- they both had different takes on the same project. I was able to put together a cool grouping of 4 of their pieces. ANYWAY... I'm happy for you -- this is a really FUN phase you are heading into! ENJOY!!!
ps -- I'm crazy with advice today, but take a picture of your son with art that you don't keep -- an album of photos of his work is a great way to treasure memories without becoming buried in them!
Post a Comment
<< Home