Stress and the Effects of Stress
What a day....
Michael had his first accident at school today. He wasn't paying attention as he ran around the playground, ran right behind the swings, and got clocked in the face. He's fine. No blood. But an ouchie-looking red mark on his cheek.
This afternoon, the dishwasher repairman came to the house. Our dishwasher has been on the fritz for about two weeks now. It seems the motor is shot. $300 to fix it. Yikes! Forget that. Pay the service call fee and time to buy a new dishwasher. Note to self: Never buy a Frigidaire. That's what was here when we bought the house. The thing is only 2 years old and it is shot. I checked Consumer Reports, and the Frigidaires were at the bottom of the rankings.
I'm certainly no appliance snob (as I've mentioned in previous posts here and here). But I'm no fan of junk either. A Kenmore or a GE would have lasted longer than this! (And they have in my previous homes.)
Finally, just before he left, the repairman made the stupid-comment-of-the-day. The boys and I had been hanging out in the kitchen the whole time. I don't know what he thought our relationship was. But he said to me, "Those are both your kids? I didn't think you were young enough to have kids that young."
Gee thanks. I'm only 38. God help them if I was their grandmother. I don't think I look too old to have little kids. In fact I know I don't. And I come from a long line of mothers having children in their 30's and up. My mom was 35 when I was born, my grandmother was 42 when mom was born, my great-grandmother was 35 when my grandmother was born, and my great-great-grandmother was 33 when my great-grandmother was born! (Isn't genealogy great!)
Well, I guess we have been under a bit of stress lately. (Gee, ya think?) So perhaps he was seeing the effects of the stress. (Like those wonderful grey hairs that are multiplying rapidly!) But still. I think the guy is a bit off his rocker!
Michael had his first accident at school today. He wasn't paying attention as he ran around the playground, ran right behind the swings, and got clocked in the face. He's fine. No blood. But an ouchie-looking red mark on his cheek.
This afternoon, the dishwasher repairman came to the house. Our dishwasher has been on the fritz for about two weeks now. It seems the motor is shot. $300 to fix it. Yikes! Forget that. Pay the service call fee and time to buy a new dishwasher. Note to self: Never buy a Frigidaire. That's what was here when we bought the house. The thing is only 2 years old and it is shot. I checked Consumer Reports, and the Frigidaires were at the bottom of the rankings.
I'm certainly no appliance snob (as I've mentioned in previous posts here and here). But I'm no fan of junk either. A Kenmore or a GE would have lasted longer than this! (And they have in my previous homes.)
Finally, just before he left, the repairman made the stupid-comment-of-the-day. The boys and I had been hanging out in the kitchen the whole time. I don't know what he thought our relationship was. But he said to me, "Those are both your kids? I didn't think you were young enough to have kids that young."
Gee thanks. I'm only 38. God help them if I was their grandmother. I don't think I look too old to have little kids. In fact I know I don't. And I come from a long line of mothers having children in their 30's and up. My mom was 35 when I was born, my grandmother was 42 when mom was born, my great-grandmother was 35 when my grandmother was born, and my great-great-grandmother was 33 when my great-grandmother was born! (Isn't genealogy great!)
Well, I guess we have been under a bit of stress lately. (Gee, ya think?) So perhaps he was seeing the effects of the stress. (Like those wonderful grey hairs that are multiplying rapidly!) But still. I think the guy is a bit off his rocker!


2 Comments:
What an idiot. I can't believe somebody would say that! I think he needs to go take a walk behind the swings!
Lisa
Wow, what a charmer he was! Maybe in his family they all have kids at 16.
Post a Comment
<< Home