Myrtle Beach Day 4, Tuesday July 1
Started out the day at the beach again, and Michael had another great morning in the water.
Matthew much prefers playing in the sand. Filling up buckets with sand and then flipping them to make sandcastles. And of course promptly knocking them down! We took a little walk, and Matthew did enjoy splashing in a little tide-pool. He also liked watching people play boccie ball! That game is all over the beach here.
In the afternoon we went to the Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach. No, they didn't have any two-headed sharks, or anything else of the typical bizarre Ripley's type. It was a very nice aquarium. The tunnel through the tank was one of the longest I've been on. It was excellent.
I went through most of the aquarium with Matthew. He especially liked the smaller tanks where you could stand there and look at the fish. I think he mostly liked the octopus, the jellies, and the rays. Michael liked the octopus too, and had fun getting his picture taken in a few interesting places!
For dinner we went to the Nascar Sports Grill. No, we're not Nascar fans. Never been to a race, and never seen more than a few minutes on tv. But the boys like the Cars movie from Disney (and so do we -- it is a good one!), so we thought they might like the racecar theme. They did!
I'd never seen a racecar up close. I knew that the drivers got in through the windows, and that they didn't have doors that opened. But I didn't realize they flat out had no doors! And the headlights.... they ARE stickers! Just like in the Cars movie!
Back to the pool in the evening for a dip. The jerky guy was there again, still telling the story about how tough he was yesterday to anyone who would listen. Yes, as he pulled out a huge glass bottle of Captain Morgan rum that was hidden in his bag and poured drinks for all his friends. We really need to avoid this guy. He is a definite downer.
The boys got to bed reasonably well. Of course we consider "reasonably well" to be going down within 2 hours of when we start trying, no major tantrums, and no time-outs. Thankfully the boys were good tonight.
On to another day tomorrow....
Matthew much prefers playing in the sand. Filling up buckets with sand and then flipping them to make sandcastles. And of course promptly knocking them down! We took a little walk, and Matthew did enjoy splashing in a little tide-pool. He also liked watching people play boccie ball! That game is all over the beach here.
In the afternoon we went to the Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach. No, they didn't have any two-headed sharks, or anything else of the typical bizarre Ripley's type. It was a very nice aquarium. The tunnel through the tank was one of the longest I've been on. It was excellent.
I went through most of the aquarium with Matthew. He especially liked the smaller tanks where you could stand there and look at the fish. I think he mostly liked the octopus, the jellies, and the rays. Michael liked the octopus too, and had fun getting his picture taken in a few interesting places!
For dinner we went to the Nascar Sports Grill. No, we're not Nascar fans. Never been to a race, and never seen more than a few minutes on tv. But the boys like the Cars movie from Disney (and so do we -- it is a good one!), so we thought they might like the racecar theme. They did!
I'd never seen a racecar up close. I knew that the drivers got in through the windows, and that they didn't have doors that opened. But I didn't realize they flat out had no doors! And the headlights.... they ARE stickers! Just like in the Cars movie!
Back to the pool in the evening for a dip. The jerky guy was there again, still telling the story about how tough he was yesterday to anyone who would listen. Yes, as he pulled out a huge glass bottle of Captain Morgan rum that was hidden in his bag and poured drinks for all his friends. We really need to avoid this guy. He is a definite downer.
The boys got to bed reasonably well. Of course we consider "reasonably well" to be going down within 2 hours of when we start trying, no major tantrums, and no time-outs. Thankfully the boys were good tonight.
On to another day tomorrow....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home